Information on dates and modules for Fall 2021 students will be available soon. Please check back!
Virtual Spring 2021 Orientation Meeting Dates
Upon registering for Orientation, you will select a date for your Virtual Orientation Meeting. These meetings will consist of a brief presentation, a Q&A with important campus partners (including representatives from Student Financial Services, Academic Advising, Residential Life and Housing, Dining and more), and a breakout session with an Orientation Leader and other new students. We are currently planning for two dates before the start of classes on January 25, 2021.
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021, 5-7 p.m.
- Thursday, January 21, 2021, 5-7 p.m.
Virtual social events and mixers will be planned throughout December and January in addition to the required meetings. These virtual events will give you the opportunity to connect with other new students and meet current students serving as Orientation Leaders. More details about these events will be available soon.
Ram Ready Module Overview
After registering for orientation, students and families will have access to modules on Ram Ready on the release date below. Modules should be completed in order but may be completed at the pace of each individual. Once the Ram Ready modules are available, you can access them 24 hours a day from the release date until the end of January 2021. They have been specifically designed to allow for flexibility within your schedule.
For Spring 2021, the Ram Ready modules will be released in early December 2020. All nine modules will be released at once.
- Module 1: Welcome to VCU (Introduction to Orientation, VCU Overview, Technology)
- Module 2: Take Care of Business (Housing, Dining, Textbooks and Software, Transportation, Immunizations, Transcripts)
- Module 3: College Financing (Financial Aid, Student Accounting, Student Privacy)
- Module 4: Academic Success (Major Maps, Accessibility, Academic Support, Academic Overviews, Advising)
- Module 5: Career Pathways (REAL, Career, Work-Study, Mentoring, Alumni, CSI, Undergraduate Research, Education Abroad)
- Module 6: Get Involved (Diversity and Inclusion, Student Organizations, Peer Leadership, Student Media)
- Module 7: Be Well (The Well, Student Health, Counseling, Recreational Sports)
- Module 8: Find Resources (Safety, Advocacy, Title IX, Campus Resources)
- Module 9: Make it REAL (Expectations, Free Speech, Preparing for Arrival, VCUCard, Richmond)
Participants should plan to spend about 30-45 mins per module, but the timing may vary for each individual. Each module is required and the modules are progressive, so you must complete the modules in order to move on to the next.
Ram Ready module content is tailored just for you! Some of the general content is the same for all participants, but we do have tailored content for specific groups, such as first-year, first-time students, Transfer students, Student Veterans, and Family Members. You will self-select your student type upon your initial login.
Students should be sure to sign in to Ram Ready using the VCU CAS login with your eID and password. Families and guests should select the guest login and then be sure to select "Family" as your user type. Families should use the email that your student used when adding you to their Orientation reservation.