Information on dates and modules for Fall 2021 students will be available soon. Please check back!
Ram Ready Module Overview
After registering for orientation, students and families will have access to modules on Ram Ready on the release date below. Modules should be completed in order but may be completed at the pace of each individual. Once the Ram Ready modules are available, you can access them 24 hours a day from the release date until the start of the Fall semester. They have been specifically designed to allow for flexibility within your schedule, but you will be provided with a recommended schedule for completion to help you stay on task.
For Fall 2021, the Ram Ready modules will be released in mid-June. At this time, all registered students and families will gain access to all nine modules that can be completed at your own pace.
- Module 1: Welcome to VCU (Introduction to Orientation, VCU Overview, Technology)
- Module 2: Take Care of Business (Housing, Dining, Textbooks and Software, Transportation, Immunizations, Transcripts)
- Module 3: College Financing (Financial Aid, Student Accounting, Student Privacy)
- Module 4: Academic Success (Major Maps, Accessibility, Academic Support, Academic Overviews, Advising)
- Module 5: Career Pathways (REAL, Career, Work-Study, Mentoring, Alumni, CSI, Undergraduate Research, Education Abroad)
- Module 6: Get Involved (Diversity and Inclusion, Student Organizations, Peer Leadership, Student Media)
- Module 7: Be Well (The Well, Student Health, Counseling, Recreational Sports)
- Module 8: Find Resources (Safety, Advocacy, Title IX, Campus Resources)
- Module 9: Make it REAL (Expectations, Free Speech, Preparing for Arrival, VCUCard, Richmond)
Participants should plan to spend about 30-45 mins per module, but the timing may vary for each individual. Each module is required and the modules are progressive, so you must complete the modules in order to move on to the next.
Ram Ready module content is tailored just for you! Some of the general content is the same for all participants, but we do have tailored content for specific groups, such as first-year, first-time students, Transfer students, Student Veterans, and Family Members. You will self-select your student type upon your initial login.
Students should be sure to sign in to Ram Ready using the VCU CAS login with your eID and password. Families and guests should select the guest login and then be sure to select "Family" as your user type. Families should use the email that your student used when adding you to their Orientation reservation.