Orientation registration for students admitted for Spring 2024 is now open!
If you have questions or need assistance, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will work to resolve your concerns.
Registering for Orientation
Before registering, you must review the items on the accepted student checklists. Notice that there are several steps to complete before you can register for Orientation.
Follow these steps to complete your registration:
- Log in to the Orientation registration page with your VCU eID and password. For assistance with setting up your eID or password, visit myeid.vcu.edu or contact the IT Support Center. Please note that it takes approximately two to three business days from after you pay your tuition deposit before you will be able to register; this may take longer during peak seasons.
- You will first see your VCU task list. This task list will update throughout the process with items that need to be completed before beginning classes at VCU.
- Select "Complete my Orientation reservation" to begin your registration.
- Review your information and complete the questionnaire. The Orientation registration system pulls your data directly from your student account based on your VCU application. Please make sure the information is accurate and fill in any requested information carefully. The questionnaire is your opportunity to let us know your military status (including benefits), your technology access and if you require any special accommodations for Orientation.
- Add contact information for a family member or supporter. If you would like a family member or supporter to receive updates from VCU throughout the academic year, please add their information here. NOTE: This does not add a guest to your Orientation reservation; that is done during a later step.
- Choose your date. You will choose a date and time for your Orientation session.
- Add a guest. If you have a family member or supporter who would like to attend Orientation with you, add their information here. There is a non-refundable fee for guests attending the in-person program. All major credit and debit cards are accepted through a secure billing site. For more information, see the family member or supporter page. If you are unsure whether you want to add a family member or supporter at this time, you can log back in and add them later. We recommend you add them at least two weeks before your Orientation
Submit your reservation. Your reservation is not complete until you have clicked SUBMIT at the bottom of the page. If you are adding a guest to an in-person session, you must also pay the guest fee with a debit or credit card in order to reserve their space. Successful registration is followed by a confirmation email to both the student and any registered guests (to the emails provided).